My short term goals for this month...ummm well...I have a few, see there are always things I wish I did differently or didn't do at all but mostly I just want to be a better me. I am finally at an age where I am ok with being me, that is to say I've stopped wishing I were someone else, I just want to be the best me I can be. I fall short ALOT, and it sometimes feels like I have to work on the same goals over and over and over and...well you get the picture. I've been told I'm pretty hard headed and maybe that's why it takes me awhile to change but I guess never giving up is the key, at least I hope it is. So I am working (again) on trying to not judge others and only think kind things so that I can better control what comes out of my mouth. I fail pretty miserably sometimes and sarcasm is a habit I fall into much to easily, but I'll just keep trying. I hope someday to have a sense of humor like President Hinckley, he had a wonderful sense of humor but never at the expense of other peoples feelings, I want to be more like that. I also want to be more positive, I have been letting the stress of life and some of the trials that I am facing get the better of me lately and have been pretty down...I have decided that it is a bad habit and that being happy is a choice, I can't always control what is happening around me or to me but I can control my own attitude...I can choose to be happy. So there you are...two of my current goals...the funny thing is if I did this post again in 6 months I probably would say the same thing. Well I'm flawed but I'm me, and I'll just keep trying to be a better me.
These are a couple of cute sayings that I saw recently and they help to remind me of what I'm working on...I hope you like them too.


2 comments:
You're judgemental of people? Like not accepting or what? You've always seemed so open whenever I've been around you! I think you're great. I do love your goals. :)
I've always thought you were one of the most positive, happy people I know, so I while think it's a wonderful goal to work on, I also think you're not as far off the mark as you think you are. You are amazing!
Post a Comment