Saturday, October 22, 2011

The downside to Fall...

Ok, I admit it…I Love Fall! I love watching the trees change color, I love the cooler temperatures I love the anticipation of the three best holidays of the year and I LOVE pumpkins. I love to carve them and cook them and I especially love to eat them. There is one thing I don’t love about fall though…THIS GUY...


SPIDERS...ICK!!!

I know, I know he’s tiny and I am a big wimp but I hate him and all of his creepy crawly buddies, they freak me out!!! The colder fall weather draws them indoors and then I have to call out the big guns… THIS GUY…


BENJAMIN...SPIDER SLAYER!!!

As you can tell he takes his job of protecting his mom from ALL things creepy and crawly VERY seriously.
I had to call him in from playing in the back yard for this one...he saw it and said..."MOM, it's TINY!!!" but he killed it anyway and then stopped only long enough to get his picture taken before running out to tell his friends he had to rescue his mom from another spider. (I LOVE THAT KID!) Hey it is after all our responsibility as mothers to raise our sons to be the protectors...his future wife will thank me; I'm convinced. So bring on Fall, my Spider Slayer and I are ready!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for Ben!!!

Chelsea said...

LOL! Ellie is our spider getter. She's so funny. She calls to them like you would a kitty... "here little spider. come here little guy" then when she is close enough, SLAM! She gets them with her shoe (or whatever shoe was closest).
:)