Day 13- a letter to someone who has hurt you recently
This just may be, for me, the hardest blog post yet. As I thought about what to write and who to write it to I came to two conclusions.
1. I would NEVER EVER want to hurt someone else by airing a grievance in this type of forum. I have made mistakes before about saying things I wish I could take back. I have sought to make someone pay for a perceived wrong only to discover it didn’t make me feel better, only worse. So yeah, this just isn’t for me. I choose to find my way to forgiveness, no matter the struggle, with the help of the only source that can truly help…My Savior, Jesus Christ. He knows my heart and he knows yours, and has paid the price so that we can both be free of the burdens of sorrow, anger, hurt and humiliation. I choose to cast my burden on him and allow his atonement to heal me. I don’t pretend it is easy, and I have not mastered myself enough to always do this to the degree it may sound; but I’m a work in progress so I often find myself as the one begging forgiveness of those around me. And…
2. I am the one who hurts me most often. So if I were to write this letter, it would most likely be to myself. And writing a letter to myself about all the things I don’t like about myself, or about all the mistakes I have made seem a little self-indulgent even to me.
So I choose to just say thank you, to all who have forgiven me in the past, those who I will most certainly need to beg forgiveness from in the future. And even more important thank you to those who are, and have been an answer to prayers they couldn’t know I said. I am truly blessed by a Heavenly Father who knows and loves me, and am grateful everyday for the tender mercies he extends through you. And I beg forgiveness from any I have hurt unknowingly, please forgive me.
Love, Nic
1 comment:
I have an issue with this one too (even though I haven't gotten to it yet. You started this a few months after me and you are already three posts ahead. I need to get my act together!). I agree that airing grievances publicly is exactly the wrong way to do things. And your testimony of forgiveness is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!
Your family is in our prayers.
Post a Comment