Ok, so I have been seeing ALOT of “repost if you believe…fill in the blank” kinds of posts on facebook lately and some of you may have noticed that I NEVER repost. There could be many reasons for this like I find it monotonous, or that I have always had an aversion to things like chain letters, and spam e-mail that says ”if you don’t send this to blank number of people then dire and tragic things will happen to you and those you love…YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!” Which always makes me want to go “OH YA!!!? OH YA!!!? BRING IT ON!!!” (Ask my Mom or better yet my Husband who will both tell you that THE ONE SURE FIRE way to make me NOT want to do something is to tell me I HAVE TO. I have a bit of a stubborn streak.) Or it could just be the ever popular… “I would…but…I don’t know how to cut and paste.” :) Ok but honestly, yeah we all know it’s the stubborn thing. So now that we have that covered let me make a few things clear…
![]() |
| See stubborn...wouldn't smile, so Mom said "just take it, we think she's cute". |
1. I have a strong and abiding testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. Does this mean that I am never unfaithful? NO, I am human and therefore imperfect, so when I offend or don’t live up to my beliefs it is on ME, He was and is perfect, I AM NOT. I believe in the power of His atonement and in trying to follow his example. I know Him, I love Him and I know that He knows and loves each one of us, individually. I believe He came to this earth to fulfill His Fathers plan. He was born, lived and died, crucified by His own, the Only Begotten Son of The Living God. Before His death He suffered for the sins of ALL, that we might ALL have the chance to be forgiven. For all that He IS, and for all that He has done, and still does, I am grateful. I know that He lives, and because He lives, so shall we.
2. I love my family more than anything in the whole world. I love my Husband who has been holding my hand for over 20 years now. I LOVE that he STILL holds my hand, it helps me forget that I am not as skinny or as cute as I used to be, it allows me to be his, even in public. <3 I love each of my sweet children to a degree I never knew was possible until I became their mom. My Kyrsten, our first born (or crash test dummy, as she would put it) She has a light inside her that is capable of warming all that are near her, and I have always been drawn to it. My Colten, our first born son. He was MINE from the moment I held him, he stole my heart and I’ve never wanted it back. My Samantha, our baby girl. She‘s the peacemaker and the helper. She loves easily, and is easy to love. Just ask any small child that’s around (they will usually be flocked around her, she’s like the pied piper) And My Ben, our baby boy. The gentle peace he brings to my soul started as he grew inside me. It felt as if I knew him long before he was ever born. I can’t possibly go into what each and every member of my family means to me in this one blog post so just know that when I say I love my family it includes everyone of them, by blood or by marriage you are mine and I know how incredible you are, thank you each for your love and support and forgiveness, you give them with a generosity I don’t deserve but am none the less grateful for.
![]() |
| love, Love, LOVE these kids!!! |
3. I love my friends. Each one is a blessing in my life. And I have the best friends anyone could ask for. I have found you in so many different places and be it from childhood or High School, be it from an apartment, house or a job, or just through the grace of God, I am eternally grateful to have you in my life.
4. I love America! I am as American as American can be. I love to say the pledge of allegiance and sing the National Anthem (or any patriotic song for that matter). I have great respect and admiration for the men and women, who have served, are serving or will serve in our armed forces (including those who protect us at home i.e. Police Officers, Firefighters, EMT’s etc.). I also have great love and admiration for the families that support them as they serve. You each prove every day that this is “The Land of the FREE and The Home of the BRAVE!” I’m PROUD to be an American. Always have been Always will be.
5. I believe that we not only have the right but also the obligation to work and fight and pray every day to find cures for and raise awareness of anything that threatens us or our freedom. Including (but not limited to) things like Cancer in ALL its insidious forms , Heart Disease, Child Abuse, Prejudice, Wars, World Hunger, Animal Cruelty, Stupid or Corrupt Politicians…etc. etc. etc. Choose your way and choose your fight, but never back down and never ever give up.
I would love to hear or read any comments you may have, you don’t have to believe what I do or agree with what I believe to be my friend for variety is the spice of life.
:)


2 comments:
I got chills reading your description of your children. You put it so perfectly. Isn't it interesting how each child fills your heart a different way, but fills it just the same. I love being a mom; I never knew there were so many ways to love before then.
Your testimony is beautiful, and I admire your boldness.
I'm with you on the status/ email thing. I don't like to be a follower. I have a goal to start a viral email or status someday, and until then, I refuse to participate in someone eles's. :)
I love your insight. This has been on my mind a lot lately. I never re-post those things - it doesn't prove anything to me - I know what's in my heart and if I feel like sharing I'll blog :)
Post a Comment