Thursday, July 21, 2011

day 12- how you found out about blogger and why you have one

How I found out about blogger and why I have one....hummm well the first is simple, the second will probably take you on yet another rambling (see synonyms in Microsoft Word...confused, long-winded, incoherent, tedious and wordy, or just refer to many of the previous posts...hee hee) jaunts through my head. But I digress, as I said before the first is easy. I found out about blogger by reading the increadible posts of my sweet sister-in-law Carolanne. They were first sent to me in e-mail form from my mom and then I found out how to view them on-line and I have been hooked ever since. My brother and his wife do not live close and now have 2 wonderful little boys, and her blog has allowed me to watch them grow, and feel like I am sharing their adventures with them, from a distance...I LOVE IT! So that is how I learned about blogger.

Now as to the second...hummm...well first of all I thought it looked like fun. I love to write, and I love to read, and I love my family. So some of the things I love to read  most are family historys, family blogs and family facebooks. I feel like it allows me to know those I love better. And I like hearing the stories of their lives and the experences they have had. It reminds me that I am not the only one that faces life with more than a little uncertanty, and a smile (after all sometimes you just gotta laugh so that you don't just sit down and cry in the middle of the grocery store right along side your screaming 3 year old...after all it's not dignified).  Anywho...digressing again...where was I? Aww yes, rambling about why I have a blogger...so then I thought about my sweet mom, she journals, no really she actually writes in a JOURNAL...it even says JOURNAL on the front and everything!!! I have to admit that I have tried this...and well...I love journals, soft suede leather ones, flower fabric covered hard backed ones, ones with magnets to keep them closed and some with elastic bands to close them too...you see I love journals, and I even love to write in them...sometimes...like every day for 2 or 3 days and then not again from months or...ummm...years...maybe. (Picture me looking very sheepish at this point.) You see I have LOTS of journals...that each have only a few pages written in them...some spaning serveral years. Yea, not  very good at journaling, so naturally I thought BLOGGING...that's the ticket! I'll blog much better than I journal! Ok...here we go...all together now...Haa haa haa haa haa haa haa haa haa haa haa haa haa (yes, yes we can all see how well that has worked) Self delusion along with procreastination is one of my great strengths. :) But as long as I can laugh about it, then life is good...right? So there's my latest ramble, and what have we learned? Yeah, me neither. Love ya though =)

2 comments:

Carolanne said...

Love you Nic! Your sense of humor comes out so clearly in your writing that I can almost hear you narrating as I read. I have a bunch of empty journals too. They are full of good intentions and little writing. :)

Keep your posts coming. I quite enjoy them, and they do make it easier to stay connected when we live so far away! Hurray for blogs!

Carolanne said...

P.S. Like the new layout too. Spiffy!