Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Box Elder County Fair!!!

OK, I'm behind in blogging...again...ummm ya...not surprising if you know me at all. We have been busy lately and I wanted to share some of the fun. So let's start with the County Fair....I can say it better with pictures so here we go...
Here's Sam all dressed up and hopin' she'll fit in at the fair ;)

Ben and I muggin' for the camera!

The next few pictures really need an explanation...except I don't really have one...except to say I was FASCINATED by the chickens...yes you heard right I said chickens...they reminded me of the exceptional variety of people you encounter at the county fair...especially the Box Elder County Fair. (Besides it's not polite to take pictures of random strangers) So...chickens...


This is the one that started it all...I call it my "Colten" chicken (My boy was NOT amused when he saw the picture) hee hee...admit it...you see the resemblance! :D

Some come to the fair for the clothes...Oh ya fair fashion...good stuff.

And OH the hairdo's...or should they be hair don'ts? Hummm

I know, I know...SO NOT A CHICKEN...but somehow I could SO relate to him...sometimes I feel JUST LIKE THIS!!!

Even Jas found a bird he could like...turkey...uhhh...legs that is...smoked turkey legs...yummm!
Sammy actually decided to participate in the fair this year. She has friends that have been entering things in the fair for years and when they told her that she could earn cash prizes she was ALL IN!!! And what do you know? She did great!!! She earned 4 blue ribbons and 1 white ribbon and TEN WHOLE DOLLARS!!! She was over the moon excited! 
Sammy with her entries and ribbons...YOU GO GIRL!!!
So there you have it...our county fair fun...up next TWIN FALLS IDAHO...stay tuned boys girls it's bound to be just as thrilling...

2 comments:

Hooker Family said...

That rabbit seriously made me laugh! Good job Sammy, I didn't realize she was so artistic!

Carolanne said...

Are you coming up this way? Please don't say we missed you!
The chickens are hilarious. I can see why you like them. And I have no idea why you would thing a tall gangly chicken looked like Colten. ;)