![]() |
| Nic & Jas in Disneyland 2011 |
(I'm not really sure there are interesting facts about me just facts and as to interesting or not...you can decide for yourselves)
1. I LOVED my first car...it was a little yellow Ford Pinto. It was a hand me down from my big brother who was leaving on his mission. It had 4 bucket seats and we once put 7 girls in it. (Upon climbing out in the field beside our house where all teenagers parked, my dad said...watching us all climb out was like watching a clown car at the circus) It rattled and whistled if you went over 40mph, it had a stereo that was worth WAY more than the car, and had 2 bumper stickers (also inherited from my big brother) that read "I'm looking for someone real bad...Are you real bad?" and "I'm the one your mother warned you about". It was an ugly rattle trap and I LOVED IT! Oh, and I didn't learn how to put it in reverse for about 6 months! (It was a stick shift.)
2. I have the greatest kids in the whole world...Kyrsten 17, Colten 14, Samantha 13, and Ben 10. (But I'm not bias or anything)
3. I married my high school sweetheart (though I wasn't his) I was the 3rd girl he had dated in our ward and by the time he came to church with me one of the neighbors stopped him in the hall of the church and said "Man, you're really making your way around this ward!" Any guesses 'who' old West Point 3rd warders?
4. I have a job that I love. I work with special needs youth ages 18 to 22. I learn something from them every day. I also work with THE ABSOLUTE BEST PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET! The teachers and staff where I work are incredible and I am blessed by them in countless ways. I LOVE "LIFE"!
5. I have the best job in the whole church...I serve in the Young Women's. The Young Women and the other Leaders I have and have had the privilege to work with are spiritual GIANTS. They lift, encourage and bless my life and strengthen my testimony every day. I love you ALL, each and every one!
6. I have one of each of every kind. I am the very middle of 5 kids, I have an older sister, older brother, younger brother and younger sister. There are 5 years between me and both of my sisters and 3 years between me and both of my brothers. I'm as middle as middle can be.
7. I have AMAZING parents. They have put up with me, supported me, stood beside me, held me up, and never ever ever ever gave up on me. (Even though at times it probably felt like the evers would go on forever.) Thanks mom and dad I love you more than words or blogs can say.
8. I live in the "cutest ugly little old house you have ever seen"! It needs lots of TLC and well...we're working on it.
9. I found "HOME" in Brigham City. We have moved 14 times in 19 years, but we are finally "HOME"...I hope.
10. I have Psoriatic Arthritis, but it doesn't have me.
11. I grew up in one of the most incredible wards ever! West Point 3rd Ward! It was filled with the most wonderful people. As children and youth we used to play night games at the park, sleep outside, play in the neighbors homemade swimming pool, buy candy at "Big Verns" gas station, ride our bikes, play volleyball, basketball and softball, buy snow cones at the park in the summer and build snow men and forts in our front yard in the winter, ride and show horses in the 4-H, have neighborhood rodeos at the next door neighbors, bar-b-q's at the park and SO much more! I had an awesome childhood.
12. The only broken bone I have ever had was my collar bone. I broke it in a tragic big wheel accident. I'll have to tell you about it sometime. My mom still feels bad every time I bring it up.
13. I had to have my tonsils out as a child and my parent made me do it over Christmas Break!!! And even worse...the children that were in the hospital over Christmas got free Cabbage Patch Dolls but they ran out the day before I got there! What a jip!
14.I once worked an entire summer at a boy scout camp. Forget what the commercials used to say because that truly was "The toughest job you'll ever love." At least in hind sight. (Of course just because you loved something once doesn't mean you want to do it again.)
15. Last but not least...I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And it is my faith that sustains me. (More Later)
Oh yea, and I am a procrastinator.

2 comments:
You are so cool. I am glad we are related (even if it is by marriage)
I love that you are still mad about the cabbage patch doll! I have a few moments from my childhood like that. Injustice and perspective don't come in equal amounts for a kid. I'll have to remember that in my parenting.
My dad drove a pinto when I was a kid. It was brown and smelled like dust. Yours sounds much cooler!
Post a Comment